The 1953 Nash Healey roadster retained a highly acclaimed Pininfarina body of the Nash Healy introduced at the March 1952 Chicago auto show.
The major changed introduced in 1953 was the inclusion of a 4.1 Litre engine as standard in all cars.
The full performance potential of the Nash straight-six engine had never been fully utilized in the cars sold to the public.
The performance offered to the public was competitive with other American “sports cars” of the period but certainly not a race car standard.
There were 100 1953 N series production roadsters chassis N-22902 to N-2447.
Using chassis numbers to determine the exact sequence, which Nash Healey cars were built is not reliable. The Donald Healey motor company records indicate that chassis numbers and engines were occasionally combined out of sequence.
The Nash Healey was heavily modified and raced in the US with many wins under their belt they continued to win races throughout the latter part of the 1950s was another outstanding achievement nationally.
Donald Healey in England George Manson United States and Pininfarina from Italy had put together a winning car weather it was going to the country club or the racetrack.
This particular Nash Healey by Pininfarina Roadster was order by a Swiss customer with a number of factory options, which were classed as being very unusual in this era.
The car was built with a hardtop and soft top, it also was the only car to have wind up windows. There was also fresh air ducting to the drivers from the front of the car.
The left Switzerland in 1965 and was shipped to the second owner in Houston USA and then on to Austin. The car was sold to the next owner in Dallas in 1965.
Mr. Warren Kennedy of the Healey Collection in Milton Keynes UK then purchased the car and shipped it back to the UK in 2017.
The car has been subject to a total nut and bolt restoration and is in outstanding condition.